- A Post-graduate degree or its equivalent in any discipline with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent grade point average and a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Any professional qualifications such as CA, ICWA and CS with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in addition, all the candidates must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in all of their public examinations starting with the secondary level. Work experience in industry or academics may be given due credit in the selection process.
- For all candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria the Institute will conduct its very own Research Aptitude Test (RAT) and Personal Interview (PI). RAT will include Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability and Writing Ability through descriptive questions. Candidates having valid CAT/GMAT/GRE scores may also apply for the programme.
Fee and Financing
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Tuition Fee||INR 40,000||INR 40,000||-||-|
|Reading Material, Computer and Library Fee||INR 30,000||INR 30,000||INR 30,000||INR 30,000|
|Alumni Association Activities (Life Membership, one time free to be paid at the time of admission)||INR 5,000||-||-||-|
|Security Deposit (Refundable to be paid at the time of admission)||15,000||-||-||-|
|Registration (For Doctoral Thesis / Synopsis)||-||-||20,000||-|
|Total||INR 90,000||INR 70,000||INR 50,000||INR 30,000|
- IMI Kolkata will offer limited number of scholarships based on merit. For the first two years, they will be provided with scholarships amounting to INR 20,000 per month. Scholarships for the third and the fourth year will be INR 25,000 per month.
- The IMI Kolkata Scholarship holders are also eligible to get liberal grant for buying books, called contingency grant up to a maximum of INR 25,000 per annum, as per norms. It is to be noted that the tuition fees for IMI Scholarship holders may be waived off.
- Self-sponsored candidates and candidates with scholarships from other funding agencies (viz. UGC, ICSSR, etc.) are also encouraged to apply.