Education : PhD/MBA (VGSOM, IIT Kharagpur)/B.E. (Electronics and Telecom, Jadavpur University)
Specialization : Marketing
Designation : Assistant Professor - Marketing ; Chairperson-Social Media, Branding & Website ; Chairperson - Ranking Committee
Email: [email protected]
- Role of electronic word-of-mouth content and valence in influencing online purchase behavior (With B. Datta and S. Mukherjee), Journal of Marketing Communications, pp. 1-24, 2018, (Scopus and ABDC Listed Journal) https://doi.org/10.1080/13527266.2018.1497681
- Trends and future directions in online marketing research (B. Datta and R. Basu) (2017). Journal of Internet Commerce, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 1-31. (Scopus and ABDC Listed Journal), 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/15332861.2016.1258929 .
- • Effect of eWOM valence on online retail sales. Global Business Review (With B. Datta and R. Basu), Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 198-209. (Scopus and ABDC Listed Journal), 2017, https://doi.org/10.1177/0972150916666966
- Determinants of e-commerce purchase intent among female fashion consumers. (With Pancotto, JZ, Eckert, A) Professional Marketing Notebook-UNIMEP , 8 (2), 156-176. 2020
- Factors That Influence Online Buyers to Trust the Website. Revista Eletrônica de Estratégia & Negócios, (with Eckert, A., Milan, G. S.), 13(1), 169-189. 2020
- Roy, G., Datta, B., & Mukharjee, S. (2018) “Effect of electronic word of mouth valence and volume on online consumer behaviour”, First PAN IIT International Management Conference (PANIITIMC)- 2018 , November 30-December 2, 2018 at Indian Institute of Technology- Roorkee, India
- Roy, G., & Datta, B. (2017) “Role of eWOM on Online Purchase Behaviour”, Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference (ANZMAC, 2017), RMIT University city campus, Melbourne, December 1-6, 2017.
- Roy, G., & Datta, B. (2017) “How does rich electronic word of mouth content affect online purchase behaviour?” 5th PAN-IIM World Management Conference , December 14-16, 2017 at the Indian Institute of Management Lucknow .
- Roy, G., & Datta, B. (2017) “Role of word of mouth content and valence in influencing online behavior and digital marketing strategy – applying deductive analysis approach” 2017 Conference, IIM Lucknow (Noida Campus), January 5-7, 2017.
- Roy, G., & Datta, B. (2017) “Role of electronic word of mouth in influencing online behaviour”, MDC 2017, IIT VGSOM, Kharagpur, February 8 – 9, 2017.
- Roy, G. (Co-Author) with Mitra, P. S. & Debnath R. (2017) “Understanding semi-urban consumers in India – an empirical analysis”, 2017 IIM Indore-NASMEI Summer Marketing Conference, July 27-29, 2017.
- Roy, G. Debnath, R. & Mitra, P. S. (2017) “The potential at the bottom of the Pyramid- an Indian perspective”, 7th IIMA Conference On Marketing In Emerging Economies, January 11-13, 2017 (poster presentation)
- Roy, G., Datta, B. & Basu, R. (2016) “Role of mixed neutral electronic word of mouth on online purchase intention ” 4th International Marketing Conference at IIM Calcutta , between December 22-24, 2016.
- Roy, G. (Co-Author) Debnath, R. & Mitra P. S. (2016) “Exploring market potential of low income consumers in India”, 4th International Marketing Conference at IIM Calcutta, between December 22-24, 2016.
- Roy, G. (2016) “How does EWOM affect online sales in Indian online retail sector?”, MDC 2016, VGSOM, IIT Kharagpur, February 10 – 11, 2016.
Invited Talks/ Guest Lectures
- Guest Lecture on Marketing and entrepreneurship at VGSOM, IIT Kharagpur (2012)
- Lecture on Digital Marketing and building venture using new marketing platform at IIFT Kolkata (2011)
- Guest Speaker on the topic “Digital Workplace – Contemporary challenges and opportunities” at WORDCON Conference at Hotel Park, in Kolkata (9 February, 2018)
Faculty Development Program (FDP)
Conducted FDP seminar on a topic “No Bad Teams, Only Bad Leaders” – a lecture on this topic based on book “Extreme Ownership” by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin. Participants: Top leadership team in O. P. Jindal University include Pro VC, Dean (SoE), Associate Dean (SoM), Deputy Registrar, Director (CSO), all HoDs from different departments. 17 January 2019.
Management Development programs (MDP)
Young leadership programs (YLP) – Provided training on the topic “Digital transformation for Business Excellence” to the top performing officers of Jindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL), Raigarh on 31 August 2018.
Seminar on the topic “Managing and marketing digital venture globally” in collaboration with Dr. Rebecca Harwin, Australia at O. P. Jimdal University Raigarh campus on 10 October 2018.
MDP on “Digital Marketing for Managing Business Under COVID-19 Disruption- Analysis in Brazil And Indian Context” in collaboration with Professor. Alex Eckert (Ph.D.), University of Caxias do Sul – UCS Main Campus on 19 June 2020
Roy Gobinda and Bhattacharjee Pritam (2018), Bootstrap Marketing Innovation, Wordsmith University Press, Kolkata, India, ISBN: 978-1-329-60155-0
- Marketing Management II
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Services Marketing
- B2B Marketing
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Advanced Marketing Communications and Digital Marketing