Prof. Kalyan Sengupta
Education : Ph.D in Business Management, (Decision Support System), Calcutta University, India, 1993 ; M.Sc. in Engineering by Thesis, Warwick University, UK, 1978 ; B.Sc.(Hons) in Engineering with First Class, Warwick University, UK, 1976
Specialization : Management Information Systems and Analytics
Designation : Adjunct Professor - Management Information System Analytics and Quantitative Techniques
Email: [email protected]
Factors Influencing Customers’ Accessibility Satisfaction in Rural West Bengal Using Structural Equation ModellingDr. Kalyan Sengupta, Chawla Udit, (2018) Prerena Journal of Management Thought and Practice, Vol 10, Issue 1, March 2018.
Consumer Review Analysis Using Topic Modelling. Dr.kalyan Sengupta, Subhasis Dasgupta,(2017), LBS journal of Management and Research, Vol 15, Issue 1,2017.
Analysing Consumer Reviews With Text Mining Approach, Dr.kalyan Sengupta, Subhasis Dasgupta,(2016),Paradigm, Vol 20, Issue 1, 2016
Structural Equation Modelling of Determinants of Customer Satisfaction of Mobile Network Providers: Case of Kolkata, India, Co-authored by Shibashish Chakraborty, IIMB Management Review, December 2014
Do apparel store formats matter to Indian shoppers? Rituparna Basu , Kalyan K. Guin , Kalyan Sengupta , (2014) , International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, Vol. 42 Iss: 8, (2014)
An exploratory study on determinants of customer satisfaction of leading mobile network providers – case of Kolkata, India, Co-authored by Shibashish Chakraborty, Journal of Advances in Management Research (Emerald), Volume 10, Issue 2, 2013
Factors Affecting Customers’ Accommodation Satisfaction and Service Quality in the Hotel Industry of Rural West Bengal. Dr. Kalyan Sengupta, Chawla Udit, (2017), LBS journal of Management and Research, Vol 15, Issue 1,2017.
- Statistical Modelling using SPSS – At DRDO (Chandpur), Central Department of Statistics, BHEL, Kolkata, Haldia Petrochemicals, Institute of Cost and Works Accountants, NPC, IIPM, Govt. of West Bengal at agriculture Department, IOC Guwahati, WBSEB and many others.
- Data Management and Microsoft office Applications – Airtel CRM division, Asiatic Society, BBUNL, BHEL, ICWA, Hooghly Dock and Ports, Indian Institute of Health and Hygiene, and others.
- Already awarded PhD degrees to four candidates of Jadavpur University, WB State University and RK University in areas of NLP, Character Recognition, Online review analysis and week-end tourism.
- Three candidates are pursuing at the Calcutta University, in areas of Service Recovery, Mobile services and knowledge management impact in corporates.
- British Council Fees Awards
- Tuition and Full Maintenance Grant from TRRC, Ministry of Environment, UK
- PhD research grant from IISWBM, Calcutta
- Business Data Visualization
- Research Methodology
- Predictive Analytics
- Marketing Analytics
- Advanced Research Methodology
- Data Mining
- ICI Paints, Exide India – LP based production planning system
- Indian Oil, Balmer Lawrie – Optimal Location of LPG refilling plants of India.
- WBSEB – Data investigation for domestic electricity theft.
- NTPC (World Bank Project) – Study on project displaced families and their rehabilitation.
- BEST (World Bank Project) – Capacity expansion plan for Dadar Bus workshop at Bombay.
- Pantaloons – Study of customer behaviours of Loyalty Card customers at two retail outlets of Pantaloons (Data Mining approach)
- Switz Foods Retail (Early Brand Monginis) – Retail marketing and CRM