Sahana Roy Chowdhury
Education : Ph.D and M.S.( Indian Statistical Institute )
Specialization : Economics
Designation : Associate Professor - Economics ; Area Chair - Economics , Chairperson- Economics Club( MUDRA) ,Business Club (BIZZAFFAIRS)
Curriculum Vitae: View More
Contact: +91-33-6652 9669
Email: [email protected]
- Roy Chowdhury, S. (2008), Migration in a model of occupational choice, Indian Growth and Development Review, 1(1): 84 – 94 (Emerald Group).
- Roy Chowdhury, S. (2010), Technology and outsourcing: an explanation to the rising wage gap, Economic Modelling, 27(1): 380-387 (Elsevier).
- Roy Chowdhury, S. (2010), Inducing human capital formation: How efficient is an education subsidy? International Journal of Business and Economics, 9(2): 105-114
- Roy Chowdhury, S. (2011), Impact of global crisis on small and medium enterprises, Global Business Review, 12(3): 377-399.
- Roy Chowdhury, S. (2013), Wealth Inequality, Entrepreneurship and Industrialization, Journal of Economics, 108(1): 81-102 (Springer)
- Roy Chowdhury, S. (2013), Inequality and size of the informal sector during recession: A note, Metroeconomica, 64(4): 591-597 (Wiley-Blackwell).
- Roy Chowdhury, S. (2013), Recession and child labor: A theoretical analysis, ICRIER Working Paper No. 266.
- Roy Chowdhury, S. (2014), Skill mismatches in Indian labor market: Policy priorities & challenges ahead, The Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Invited Special Issue: Skill Development, 49(3): 422-438.
- Roy Chowdhury, S. (2014), Wealth inequality and occupational choice, Development Studies Research, 1(1): 176-185 (Routledge: Taylor & Francis)
- Roy Chowdhury, S. (2016), When do referees shirk in a peer review process? Economics and Business Letters, 5(2): 45-49 (Oviedo University Press)
- Roy Chowdhury, S. & Roy Chowdhury, S. (2016), Policy Reforms and SME Performances: A Comparison of Two Major EMEs, Emerging Economy Studies, 2(2): 1-11
- Case Study Analysis: Roy Chowdhury, S. (2016), Bharti Airtel and Zain: A Journey into New Territories, Global Business Review, 17(6): 1522-1523
- Roy Chowdhury, S. (2017), India’s New Fiscal Roadmap, IMI-Konnect, 6(2).
- Mukherjee, P. and Roy Chowdhury, S. (2017), Demonetisation: Little Gain and Severe Pain? IMI-Konnect, 6(1).
- Roy Chowdhury, S. (2017). The Two Asian Growth Paths of Stagnation and Prosperity: Japan and India, in edited book “Towards A Common Future: Understanding Growth, Sustainability in the Asia-Pacific Region”, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Roy Chowdhury, S. (2018). Budget 2018-19: A big push to strengthen the bottom of the Indian economic pyramid, IMI-Konnect, 7(1).
- Roy Chowdhury, S. (2018), Do the maids get a meager pie? Journal of Quantitative Economics, Springer
- Bhattacharya, R., Tripathi, S., Roy Chowdhury, S. (2019), Financial structure, institutional quality and monetary policy transmission: A Meta-Analysis, NIPFP Working Paper No. 274.
- Roy Chowdhury, S. (2020). Health Sector Scenarios in Sri Lanka: Policy Designing and Implications, in edited book “Trade in Health Services in South Asia”, Springer.
- Roy Chowdhury, S and Jha, G. (2020). Health Sector Scenarios in Pakistan: Policy Priorities and Challenges Ahead, in edited book “Trade in Health Services in South Asia”, Springer.
- A Banik, T Nag, S Roy Chowdhury, R Chatterjee (2020). Why Do COVID-19 Fatality Rates Differ Across Countries? An Explorative Cross-country Study Based on Select Indicators, Global Business Review, 21 (3)
- Roy Chowdhury, S. Bros, Catherine, Gooptu, Sayoree (2020), Education, skills mismatch and wage differentials, in edited book “India Higher Education Report 2020 Employment and Employability of Higher Education Graduates in India” (Centre for Policy Research in Higher Education, MHRD, GOI) , Routledge.
- Mukherjee, P., Roy Chowdhury, S., Bhattacharya, P. (2021). Does Financial Liberalization Lead to Financial Development? Evidence from Emerging Economies, Journal of International Trade and Economic Development, 30(8): 1263-1287, Taylor & Francis.
- Sadhukhan, A., Roy Chowdhury, S. (2021). Export-induced Loss in Employment and Earnings during the First Year of the COVID-19 Pandemic : Identifying Key Industries in India, Economic and Political Weekly (Special Article), 56(41), October 9, 2021.
- Mukherjee, P., Bhattacharya, P., Roy Chowdhury, S. (2022) Financial Liberalization and Convergence of Financial Development Among BRICS Economies, India Studies in Business and Economics, in: Paramita Mukherjee (ed.), Revisiting the Indian Financial Sector, pages 85-118, Springer.
- Roy Chowdhury, S, Pandey, R. (2021), “Fiscal rules during the Covid-19 pandemic”. Ideas For India, International Growth Centre (The London School of Economics and University of Oxford): https://www.ideasforindia.in/topics/macroeconomics/fiscal-rules-during-the-covid-19-pandemic.html
- Roy Chowdhury, S (2013), Recession and child labour: The poverty link revisited. Ideas For India, International Growth Centre: https://www.ideasforindia.in/topics/macroeconomics/recession-and-child-labour-the-poverty-link-revisited.html
- Roy Chowdhury, S. (with R. Katuria, M. Kedia and S. Srivastav), “An Inquiry into the Im- pact of India’s APP Economy”, submitted-July 2015, ICRIER-IAMAI (Internet and Mobile Association of India) Report.
- Raghuram Rajan Young Scholar Grant for attending NBER Summer Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA in 2014.
- Prize for Academic Proficiency from Department of Economics, Bethune College, Calcutta University, 2000 & 2001.
- Macro Economics Theory and Policy
- Indian Economy
- International Business
- Project appraisal: Cost-benefit analysis
- Games people play: Strategic Thinking for Managers