Baidyanath Biswas is an Assistant Professor of Information Technology at the International Management Institute Kolkata. He received his Ph.D. from the Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM Lucknow) in 2019. Before joining IIM Lucknow in 2014, he worked for nine years with Infosys Technologies, IBM India, and Cognizant Technology Solutions as a Mainframe and DB2 database analyst. His research has been published in the proceedings of top peer-reviewed international conferences, namely, AMCIS (2016 until 2019), HICSS (2018), and Pre-ICIS Workshops (2018). He has also published in Decision Support Systems, Computers in Industrial Engineering, and the Journal of Enterprise Information Management. He serves as a reviewer for Decision Support Systems, Electronic Markets, Information Systems Frontiers, International Journal of Production Economics, Computers in Industrial Engineering, and Journal of the Operational Research Society. Currently, he serves as the Associate Editor of the Global Business Review (SAGE) journal.
IT Risk Management
Analytical and data-driven modelling in cybersecurity
Consumer behaviour in e-commerce
Blockchains in business development
Management Information Systems (MBA Core)
Total Quality Management (MBA Elective)
Technology for E-Commerce (MBA Elective)
Cyber Security and Analytics (Executive)
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
1. Antecedents for Enhanced Level of Cyber-Security in Organizations, with S. Kumar, (2020),withM.S. Bhatia and M. Dora, Journal of Enterprise Information Management (ABDC A,ABS 2) (Impact Factor: 2.66).
2. Examining the determinants of the count of customer reviews in peer-to-peer home-sharing platforms using clustering and count regression techniques, (2020), with P. Sengupta and D. Chatterjee,Decision Support Systems, Vol. 135, 113324 (ABDC A*, ABS 3) (Impact Factor: 5.43).
3. Firm investment decisions for information security under a fuzzy environment: A game-theoretic approach, (2020), with R. Gupta, I. Biswas, and S.S. Sana, Information and Computer Security, (ABDC B, ABS 1) (Impact Factor: 1.26).
4. Analysis of barriers to implement blockchain in industry and service sectors, (2019), with R. Gupta, Computers & Industrial Engineering, Vol. 136, pp. 225-241 (ABDC A, ABS 2) (Impact Factor: 4.29).
5. G-RAM Framework for Software Risk Assessment and Mitigation Strategies in Organisations, (2018), with A. Mukhopadhyay, Journal of Enterprise Information Management, Vol.31(2), pp. 276-299, (ABDC A, ABS 2) (Impact Factor: 2.66).
Academic Magazine Publications
1. A Concept Analysis of Social Networks, (2018), IMI Konnect, 7(4), pp. 20-29.
2. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: Class Room Konnect, (2018), IMI Konnect, 7(4), pp. 38-42.
Peer-reviewed Conference Proceedings
1. Why do I get phished? The role of persuasion, design authenticity and contextualization, with A. Mukhopadhyay, 25th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), Cancun, Mexico, August 15-17, 2019. (Forthcoming).
2. Cyber insurance for correlated risks from phishing attacks: A decision-theoretic approach, with A. Mukhopadhyay, and G. Gupta, 13th Pre-ICIS Workshop on Information Security and Privacy (WISP), San Francisco, USA, December 13, 2018.
3. CRPMI: A framework to model cyber risk from phishing and mitigation through insurance, with A. Mukhopadhyay and S. Pal, 24th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), New Orleans, USA, August 16-18, 2018.
4. Machine Learning Based Cyber Risk Assessment and Mitigation Framework (ML-CRAM) for Phishing Attacks: A Design Science Approach, with A. Mukhopadhyay, and S. Patra, 13th International Conference on Design Science Research in Information Systems and Technology (DESRIST), IIT Madras, India, June 3-5, 2018.
5. Leadership in Action-How Hackers Behave: A Big-Data Approach with Text-Mining and Sentiment Analysis, with A. Mukhopadhyay, and G. Gupta, 51st Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), Hawaii, USA, January 3-6, 2018.
6. Designing Optimal Strategies of Defender, Attacker, and Vendor in Cyber Security Games, with B. Biswas, and A. Mukhopadhyay, 10th Annual Conference of the EuroMed Academy of Business (EMAB), Sapienza University of Rome, Italy, September 13–15, 2017.
7. GARCH-based risk assessment and mean-variance-based risk mitigation framework for software vulnerabilities, with A. Mukhopadhyay and G. Dhillon, 23rd Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), Boston, USA, August 10-12, 2017.
8. Can HIT Work Alone? A Security and Socio-Economic Perspective of Healthcare Quality, with A. Mukhopadhyay and S. Pal, 22nd Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), San Diego, USA, August 11-14, 2016.
9. AVICS-Eco Framework: An Approach to Attack Prediction and Vulnerability Assessment in a Cyber Ecosystem, with A. Mukhopadhyay and S. Pal, 22nd Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), San Diego, USA, August 11-14, 2016.
Management Doctoral Colloquiums:
1. 3rd Annual Doctoral Consortium, IE Business School Madrid, Spain, May 18, 2018.
2. 5th Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management Doctoral Colloquium, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India, February 23-24, 2018.
3. 7th Reserve Bank of India-IDRBT (Institute for Development & Research in Banking Technology) Doctoral Colloquium, Hyderabad, India, December 01, 2017.
4. 16th BIR Doctoral Colloquium, Aalborg University, Denmark, August 28-30, 2017.
5. 23rd AMCIS Doctoral Colloquium, Boston, USA, August 10-12, 2017.
6. 3rd Vinod Gupta School of Management Doctoral Colloquium, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India, February 08-09, 2017.
Awards and Grants
1. Best Paper in 7th Reserve Bank of India-IDRBT (Institute for Development & Research in Banking Technology) Doctoral Colloquium, Hyderabad, India, December 01, 2017.
2. Best Paper in 3rd Vinod Gupta School of Management Doctoral Colloquium, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India, February 08-09, 2017.
3. Travel Grant from IE Business School to attend 3rd Annual Doctoral Consortium 2018 at Madrid.
4. Travel Grant from Yale University to attend 8th China-India Insights Program 2016 at London Business School.
5. Finalist in the All India National Talent Search Exam (NTSE) Scholarships 1999.
Fellow Programme in Management (IT and Systems) (2014-2019)
Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
Dissertation Titled A Framework for Cyber Risk Management in Organizations under the supervision of Prof. Arunabha Mukhopadhyay
Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics and Telecom) (2001-2005)
Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur
(Formerly Bengal Engineering College, Shibpur)
Dissertation Titled Design of a Secure Communication Systems Using Pseudo-Noise Coding Scheme under the supervision of Prof. Baidyanath Roy
West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (1999-2001)