Samie Ahmed Sayed has completed his doctoral level fellow program in management (FPM) from International Management Institute. He has completed his bachelor’s in business from City University of New York and Master’s Degree in Commerce from University of Mumbai. He has more than 10 years of corporate experience primarily into investment banking with Royal Bank of Scotland (Equity Capital Markets, Australia). He has published research papers in reputed journals including Vikalpa (Sage), Journal of Accounting and Emerging Economies (Emerald) and Journal of Advances in Management Research (Emerald). He has travelled all across India and taught at reputed management colleges including IMT Ghaziabad, SIBM (Symbiosis) Pune, IMI Kolkata and colleges affiliated to University of Mumbai.
- Teaching at IMI for more than thirty years
- Taught at leading business schools in India as visiting faculty
- Has been a Trainer-cum-Consultant in Industrial Engineering and related areas at the National Productivity Council (NPC). Besides consultancy assignments and in-company training programmes for client organizations, it involved organizing, conducting and taking sessions in the National and Regional training programmes of NPC
- Designed, conducted and taught in a large number of executive development programmes for junior, middle and senior levels of management at IMI
- Has been a consultant to many Indian companies including MNCs and also to organizations like UNDP, USAID and GTZ
- Conducted research studies sponsored by Government of India and other funding organizations
- Extensive published work in journals (both international and national) as well as in book chapters and conference proceedings
- Areas of research interest include technology management, goal programming, game theory, regulation, management of projects and impact assessment of government programmes
- Fellow, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (1983)
Doctoral Programme in Management in the area of Production and Quantitative Methods. Awarded the Industrial Finance Corporation of India (IFCI) Award, 1982 for the best thesis proposal submitted at the IIM, Ahmedabad.
- National Productivity Council, New Delhi (1970-72)
Two-year Post-graduate programme in Industrial Engineering. Awarded the President’s Gold Medal for the best performance in the programme.
- Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi (1965-70)
B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering.
Professor, International Management Institute, New Delhi (1989 till date)
Associate Professor International Management Institute, New Delhi (1983-89)
B-10, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi 110 016.
Teaching in the Institute’s full-time Post-graduate Programmes in International Management and part-time Post-graduate Programme in Management, teaching in Executive Development Programmes, Research and development of teaching material.
Deputy Director National Productivity Council, New Delhi (1977 – 78)
Assistant Director National Productivity Council, New Delhi (1972 – 77)
Productivity House, Lodi Road, New Delhi – 110 003.
Trainer-cum-consultant in Industrial Engineering and related areas. Besides consultancy assignments and in-company training programmes for client organizations, it involved organizing, conducting and taking sessions in the National and Regional training programmes of NPC.
Dr. Kirti Sharma holds a Ph.D. in Marketing and Services Management with emphasis on Consumer Perceptions and Satisfaction. A Master’s degree in Marketing Technology (with distinction) and a Bachelor’s degree in Science from Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, India. She has a teaching experience of over 16 years. Before joining academics, she has worked in companies like Cipla limited, Thompson Consumer Electronics etc. for close to 4 years. She has held various teaching and administrative responsibilities during her academic tenure.
At MDI, apart from her academic output, she has collaborated with Govt. of Haryana Directorate of Urban Local Bodies as a consultant for marketing communication and content development for Smart Cities in the State of Haryana, India. Furthermore, she has completed an assignment in the capacity of a consultant with Government of India’s Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) on the evaluation of Prime Minister’s Employment generation programme (PMEGP scheme). She has also acted as a Honorary consultant to Khadi and Village Industries (KVIC) for the marketing of KVIC products.
Saibal Kar is currently professor of economics at the Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Calcutta (CSSSC), India and a Research Fellow of the Institute of Labor Economics (IZA) Bonn. He has been a professor of economics, Calcutta University and a Research Fellow of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation during 2008-09. He held visiting positions at Amsterdam School of Economics, Santa Fe Institute, HWWI, United Nations University-WIDER, Edith Cowan University and University of East Anglia, in recent years. He is the Managing Editor, South Asian Journal of Macroeconomics and Public Finance (Sage). He also serves as the Director (Hon.) of the Eastern Regional Centre, ICSSR.
His research interests are broadly in the areas of Labour Economics, International Economics and Development Economics having published in well-known peer-reviewed journals such as World Development, Environmental and Resource Economics, Resource and Energy Economics, Economic Modelling, The World Economy, Economics Letters, Politics and Economics, Ecological Economics, etc. His book “The Outsiders: Economic Reform and Informal Labour in a Developing Economy” (jointly with Sugata Marjit) has been published by the Oxford University Press in 2011. Two other books entitled ‘Trade and Development’ (OUP, Clarendon UK) and ‘Industry and Labor Market: Issues in Developing and Transition Countries’ (Springer, New Delhi) have been published in 2014 and 2015. A jointly edited volume, International Trade, Welfare and the Theory of General Equilibrium has been published by the Cambridge University Press in 2018. He has undertaken research projects funded by CEDES, AUSAID-WTO; ENRECA; PEP-IDRC; GDN; Government of India; Planning Commission, GOI, UNICEF etc.