Plans and Vision for Sustainability
Home > Plans and Vision for Sustainability
Vision: To build IMI Kolkata into an institute that abides by the 17 Sustainable Development Goals while providing world class education to young minds all over the country.
Plans for Sustainability:
- Promoting sustainable practices and integrating them into our day-to-day operations.
- Implementing a sustainable waste strategy to reduce volumes and divert from landfill by using recyclable methods along with waste segregation.
- Empowering members of staff and students through environmental awareness and communication.
- Undertaking academic research to benefit environmental sustainability.
- Designing and developing academic courses on sustainability to benefit students in their future careers and life.
- Implementing ethical sourcing on a greater scale.
- Establishing newer procedures to implement sustainable construction and green procurement.
- Increasing alternatives and opportunities for sustainable travel for commuting and business.
- Working towards preserving and enhancing the biodiversity of the campus and promoting sustainable design in future constructions while protecting biodiversity in external spaces on campus.
- Minimizing energy and water usage by implementing effective management and technology to reduce our carbon footprints.
- Developing our environmental management system as a mechanism for achieving the above through the adoption of formal objectives and targets.