The FDP aims to provide brief overview of important parametric and non-parametric methods in validating, and analyzing data for hypotheses and proposition testing. The workshop will demonstrate the theory and application of ANOVA and Cluster Analysis (two widely used) with dataset. At the end of workshop, participant will be able to comprehend and apply the methods in real research contexts.
The SPSS software (trial version/original) should installed in the desktop/laptop of the participants. All the concepts of ANOVA and Cluster analysis would be explained with the help of the data. The concept of methods will also be explained with the help of case research paper. Participants are encouraged to bring their live data and queries for discussion and solutions. The online sessions will be delivered on Zoom platform.
- To provide basic overview and guidelines for selecting and using various parametric and non-parametric tests .
- To explain the application of ANOVA method in research study (explain with case example and real time data)
- To explain the application of Cluster analysis method in research study (explain with case example and real time data)
Detailed content and Session plan
|1||90 Minutes (4:30 PM to 6:00 PM )||Parametric and non-parametric tests||Overview of tests; Assumptions for Using Parametric and non-Parametric Tests; How to select a test, focus on key tests: Mann-Whitney, Chi-Square, ANOVA|
|ANOVA Analysis||Basic Assumptions, One-way ANOVA, Two-way ANOVA; Factorial ANOVA; Post Hoc analysis; case example with data set|
|2||90 Minutes (6:15 PM to 7:45 PM )||Cluster Analysis||Basic Concept, Statistics Associated with Cluster Analysis, Select a Clustering Procedure – Hierarchical and Nonhierarchical Clustering, Case example with data set|
Part II: Factor Analysis, CFA and SEM Analysis (Coming Up Soon).
Part III: Applying actionable Qualitative research methods in publishing (Coming Up Soon).
Prof. Gobinda Roy has over 16 years of experience in industry, research, and teaching. He is in the area of marketing and currently teaches Digital Marketing, Service Marketing, Web Analytics, etc. He has rich and extensive managerial experience in the telecom industry in the areas of telecom product management, marketing management, telecom solution, etc. Prior to joining IMI Kolkata, he has conducted MDP and FDP in OP Jindal University, JSPL, and JPL Raigarh and delivered guest lectures in VGSOM (IIT Kharagpur), IIFT Kolkata. He has published several scholarly articles in leading international journals such as Journal of Internet Commerce, Journal of Marketing communication, Global Business Review, etc.
Fee and Registration Details
- Fee: ₹500 + [email protected]%
Registration Terms and Conditions
- Last date for registration and payment – January 27, 2021
- Participation certificate will be issued to only those who attend both the sessions.
Bank Details for Registration
Please note the following bank details for payments. Payments can be made through RTGS / NEFT/IMPS transfers. Payment without the submission of the form will not be considered.
Steps for Registration
1. Make the payment through NEFT/RTGS /IMPS/E-wallet . ( Please note the Transaction ID )
2. Fill the registration form. (Link for Registration form )
3. Send the confirmation email to [email protected]
For Any Enquiry, Please Contact
Ms. Amrita Datta
Email : [email protected]
Phone: +91 33 6652 9664
International Management Institute Kolkata
2/4C, Judges Court road, Alipore, Kolkata-700027
Telephone: +91 3366529600, Telefax: +91 3366529618