About IMI KOLKATA Alumni
The Alumni Relations Committee works relentlessly to strengthen the bond between IMI-KOLKATA and its alumni for a mutually beneficial relationship.
One of our ongoing endeavours is maintaining and upgrading the database as our alumni footprint increases every year and existing alumni grow in their respective careers. We leverage the deep connect that we have with our alumni by inviting them to be a part of our Summer Internship & Final Placement processes.
The Alumni Relations Committee manages the online channels of communication with the alumni through platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook and the alumni portal.
The Alumni Relations Committee always aims to have its alumni contribute to the college by aiding in the admissions process for the new batch of students, by being a part of the admission panel and selecting some of the best students from across the country. During the induction week of the new batch, we give the students a glimpse of their rich alumni base by inviting alumni to interact with the fresh set of students so that the students can draw inspiration from them & learn from their experience as they embark upon their 2 year MBA journey. We also invite our alumni during the academic schedule for guest lectures on thought provoking topics under the Business Thought Leaders (BTL) series. It acts as a great chance for students to benefit from their rich industry exposure.
To underline the above, engaging alumni with their alma mater and bringing them closer to IMI continues to be our unceasing pursuit.
Students Alumni Association
Covering more than 10 batches of Alumni IMI Kolkata’s Students Alumni Association is committed to the following:
- Mentor Students: The mentoring through series of mock-interviews and handholding during summer internships and final placements.
- MILAAP: To get the students familiar with corporate functions and skills/certifications those required to be developed.
- Networking: The Association offer current students and fellow alumni access to a variety of networking possibilities, tools for professional development, programmes, volunteer opportunities, faculty-led trips, and other initiatives
- Infobytes: Connecting the classroom concepts to the practice on the workplace.
- Annual Alumni Awards: Encourage fellow alumni to contribute to society, corporate, entrepreneurship and institution building.
- National and Regional Alumni Meet: Annual get to gather at IMI Kolkata and in different cities for networking.
|Mayank P. Shah